Fri, Oct 07|
Normandy '44 Location
The event is based on Operational Breakouts from the Normandy beachheads at the end of July and early August 1944. With emphasis on several named Operations within U.S. and Commonwealth Sectors.
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2022, 12:00 PM – Oct 09, 2022, 12:00 PM
Normandy '44 Location , 3008 Old Hospital Rd, Edinburgh, IN 46124, USA
About the event
The 2022 event fee will be $35.00. After 31 August the event fee will be $40, at the Gate registrations will only be allowed if the person provided notice to the Event staff. At the gate registrations will be $50. Registration fee is nonrefundable unless circumstances outside 12 Kp Events control occur such as: natural disaster at the event location (weather outside of that will not cancel the event), unforeseen economic or political issues which restrict the use of the property, last minute military acquisitions of event areas. Those who fail to adhere to event authenticity, safety or staff regulations may be removed from the site without a refund.
This event reserves the right to deny participation to anyone for any reason.
The event site will go hot at 1200 Friday, it is encouraged that all participants attempt to be on site no later than (NLT) 1700 in order to (IOT) get the full value of activities planned. Registration will close at 0900 Saturday morning. Again IOT gain the full value of the event experience we suggest all participants be signed in and geared up NLT 1200 Friday. If you need a special arrival time be it earlier or between the hours of 1000-0900 Fri-Sat. Please contact event staff for assistance!
Early arrival will begin at 1200 on Thursday 6 October. Understand you will be restricted to the rear area prior to 1200 Friday 7 October.
- Location: The event is located in Edinburgh, Indiana.
3008 Old Hospital Road Edinburgh, IN 46124
It is highly suggested to get all needed supplies, gas etc. Prior to arrival.
- Parking: There will be adequate parking for everyone as well as unloading facilities for Tanks and heavy vehicles. Event directions along with parking and registration locations will be sent out after paid registration is received. No modern vehicles will be allowed in the Battle area. So, if you cannot carry it in, do not bring it unless you get prior approval from event staff. Any coordination for event vehicles etc... must be made prior to 1000 Monday 3rd October 2022. Anyone bringing a period military vehicle must have prior approval from event staff. If you show up with one do not expect to get it on the field without pre approval.
- Online registration - Will Open at a TBD date. Once you have registered and paid online you will receive a confirmation email. If you fail to receive it you are not considered registered and need to contact event staff.
- Mail in registration - We will accept limited numbers of mail in registration with USPS money order for payment. You must contact event staff for permission and details to mail in your registration. DO NOT mail anything to us without pre approval.
- Arrival on site: Once you arrive at the designated parking area- BEFORE signing in, KIT/Dress out and bring everything you are taking into the event area to the sign in tent/bldg. This is to facilitate final safety and authenticity inspections prior to being allowed access into the event area.
- Event Pass- Your event pass must be kept on you at all times and must have the inspection stamp on it. It is advised to keep it in your identification book.
- At the time of sign in you are responsible to inform the event staff of any medication or medical conditions in case of an emergency.
- Once you have signed in: and have received your event pass with inspection stamp you will then be directed to a holding area for briefing. At this point you are considered live and the event has started for you. You must maintain your event pass with a valid inspection stamp on your person at all times. Failure to produce a valid pass when asked at anytime may result in removal from the base.
- If you sign in after 1700 Friday. After 1700 there is no guarantee of transport or escort.
- Marking of equipment: at registration there will be up to 3 toe tags available for each participant to mark/tag any equipment that will be left in a HQ area and or transported with other items. You can also do this before arriving to the event. This is to ease confusion when dealing with multiple like items from different owners. Items such as rucksacks/large packs, duffle bags, etc. have a chance to be transported out of site of the owner. To avoid loss etc we are requiring at minimum items be marked with a toe tag with the following information: Name, Unit, Telephone Number.
- Resupply Ammo: Each participant will be asked (not required) to turn in 1 bandolier, 60rds 8mm, or Bren mag crates to respective HQs to be used for resupply. They should be marked to identify the owner. This will ensure you get your own blanks back. In the event you do not turn in resupply ammo, you will not receive any during resupply. Units forming full Squads/Gruppe can combine ammo and turn in ammo cans to receive back for resupply.
- Email List- Once you have registered and paid you will be put on an email list with your respective side. It is imperative to read this information, as there will be information regarding the event not posted anywhere else.
Unit make up:
- All unit TO&E will be assigned by each side's respective COC.
- Units that wish to stay together must have a minimum of 7 personnel and be willing to be assigned additional personnel. Smaller groups less than 7 can request to be in the same Squad/Gruppe. Though we will attempt to keep friends together during the initial TO&E assignment. Because of actions taken during the event, squads/groups may be combined, IOT help bring other elements up to strength.
- If you do not have a unit or group attending, you will be placed into a Gruppe/Squad.
- All Squads/Gruppe will fall under a Platoon/Zug or Company/Kompanie COC. At no time will a unit operate outside of their guidance. This is to ensure the event runs smoothly, as some scenarios are guided through orders.
Event Ticket Early Bird
The 2022 event fee will be $35.00. After 31 August the event fee will be $40, at the Gate registrations will only be allowed if the person provided notice to the Event staff. At the gate registrations will be $50. Registration fee is nonrefundable unless circumstances outside 12 Kp Events control occur such as: natural disaster at the event location (weather outside of that will not cancel the event), unforeseen economic or political issues which restrict the use of the property, last minute m